Definition of per-user launchd agents.
When a user logs in, a per-user launchd is started. It does the following:
- It loads the parameters for each launch-on-demand user agent from the property list files found in /System/Library/LaunchAgents, /Library/LaunchAgents, and the user’s individual Library/LaunchAgents directory.
- It registers the sockets and file descriptors requested by those user agents.
- It launches any user agents that requested to be running all the time.
- As requests for a particular service arrive, it launches the corresponding user agent and passes the request to it.
- When the user logs out, it sends a SIGTERM signal to all of the user agents that it started.
attribute set of (submodule)